Progressive Action Spot

"Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves." Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, October 05, 2006

World Can't Wait

Currently – this very minute - there are protests taking place all over the world.

Protests against the Bush Regime.

Protests against the terrible truth that is the USA and what is occurring in this Country; the disregard for the rule of law and human rights, the corruption and greed, the incompetence and cronyism, the fraud and terror imposed by our own government. People are standing up and saying no more.

No more:

Loss of Habeas Corpus Rights

Ignoring and breaking laws

Illegal Spying

Torture

Labeling anyone, anywhere, anytime, an enemy combatant - with no proof or even reasonable suspicion

Illegal wars of aggression

Corruption

Incompetence

We could go on and on and on…

The list of the disaster that has occurred in and been caused by this Country over the last six years is beyond believable.

There are 1.5 million hits on "Impeach George W Bush."

The media is silent about all of this. There is little coverage of the protests and little coverage of all of the impeachable offenses committed by this regime.

I do not know what it will take for this Country to wake the fuck up.

I am not there, so I have no right, really, to ask why more people are not outraged and marching in the streets.

I am not well enough to go and I have a kiddo that needs me to be here, but there are other reasons too…

I am afraid.

I am not there. I am not at the protests. I have read about some arrests already – will these people be sent to Gitmo? They are winning, the totalitarian regime is winning – I was afraid to show up and I have to wonder how many other people did not show up because they were afraid of being labeled an enemy combatant and locked up with no rights to question why or have an attorney or see a judge.

Something has to save us. I have great hope for the mid-terms, but I am weary. Bu$hCo is extremely confident that they will maintain power. What does he know?

Do they already have Diebold lined up to steal another election?

Or, will Bush postpone the elections?

His uber-confidence is greatly disturbing.

One thing is certain about these protests, the world cannot wait. Everyone is in danger with the Republicans running the show.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Holy crap, look at this list.

    Olbermann was brilliant. As always.

    Send a thank you to Keith. He is our last hope.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Keith is brilliant and I am still a little shaken from the comment. I hope that he is protected, well, I am scared for him.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, anjha!

    I thought that I would leave a comment.....just so that at least one comment on your blog was not made by you.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey fuck you bagley!
    I hope you will feel the despair for this country that we have felt for 14 years of a corrupt, repuke congress! Oh yeah, this country will finally be turned around from a bunch of neo-con assholes!

    You never did answer my question about the suspension of habeas corpus? When I proved to you from a Yale professor that indeed it can be interpreted to include US citizens!!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    SOS, I hope that you can direct your fury into some action to help change the disaster that is the US.

    World Can't Wait has a bunch of info up about the protests and I have watched some video of the protests.

    Still nothing on cable news.

    Also, I recommend going through the search on impeachment.

    A ton of the sites there have excellent citation of broken laws.

    Holy crap.

    How can someone break so many laws and not be held accountable?

     
  • At 6:39 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I head out for vacation tomorrow. Fall break, yearly Mexico run. Then I have surgery on my knee on the 23rd. I gave enough this year. Someone will have to pick it up for me.
    I'm sure someone will take my place who has seen Keith and is tired of this shit!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Causal, thank you for the information. Some great links.

    A request - you should put the code for the Do It Yourself Impeachement button on your website for people to copy and put on their sites that link back to you...great viral marketing.

    I will put it on my site if you provide me with the code.

    Keep up the great work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home