Progressive Action Spot

"Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves." Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I Am Still Alive

We have had some tremendous weather around here (I feel like I live in bizarro world....we awoke to snow this morning!) We lost our power for a week after the biggest storm that our area has ever seen. There are still some people who do not have power. It is truly tragic.

I lost a week of my life and it was the important before Christmas week when I act like super-mom and accomplish everything. I tried to catch up in the two days that I had; it did not work very well.

Things are hectic. I apologize for being so absent. I have not checked my political email for a few weeks….

There are 4400 emails waiting for me to open. Holy crap!

OK, here are a few petitions and such to let you know that I am still alive.

Send a message of support to Nancy Pelosi.

See the Love Your Body posters. Yesterday, in the mail, I received the 2007 NOW calendar, “Love Your Body.” It is truly a fabulous campaign, check out the posters.

Take Wall Street out of politics.

Stop funding the war – start investigations.

• John Edwards wants to hear from us before making the decision to run for President. Write to him at: JohnEdwards@ReadyToChangeAmerica.com

Citizen’s Hearing on the Iraq War Tribunal

Upcoming forums on Washington Clean Elections.

Vote on who Working Assets should donate to.

Iraq Veterans Against the War response to the ISG report.

Fight global poverty.

The Death of the Bill of Rights

Great audio file on the impending Police State.

Write to Congress and tell them what you think about the illegal Iraq Occupation.

Follow the Money…

Thank Gov Gregoire for supporting clean elections.

The Fantasies of the Baker Report and The Dems Go Silent on Iraq



For those wondering about last minute write-offs, here are several organizations who are seeking year end tax-deductible donations.


Human Rights First

Save Darfur

Amnesty International

NOW Foundation

American Jewish World Service

Verified Voting

The Progressive

War Kids Relief

Just 6 Dollars

Carbon Fund

Working Assets

Environmental Defense Action Fund

The Clinton Foundation

3 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, December 27, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    This busy, busy, busy crap has to lighten up.

    I was not made to do things that people who have money do...like pick floors and cabinets and such.

    We have almost borrowed all of the funds that we possibly can...I sure hope my house appreciates it.

    Glad you popped in. I miss you very much.

     
  • At 11:51 PM, December 27, 2006, Blogger Change said…

    I was looking for a lost document when I found this website:

    http://www.projectcensored.org/censored_2007/index.htm

    Seemed to be accurate at first read.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Anjha said…

    new post coming

     

Post a Comment

<< Home