Progressive Action Spot

"Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves." Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Only We Can End the Escalation

Before the post, this update:

*****Send Senator Webb a note of encouragement and requests for tonight’s SOTU rebuttal.

Write to Webb here.*****

After watching the turn-about of so many members of the Republican Party in the Congress, I can only conclude that they heard an earful when they went home.

Perhaps many of them could no longer shut up their nagging consciences; perhaps that gnawing feeling inside of their guts overrode their allegiance to a failed plan and a failed policy…perhaps.

I suspect, however, that their about face was something different. I suspect that, being professional politicians (whose main objective in each of their actions is to be re-elected) is that they got an earful over the break. I suspect that their constituents let them know that this occupation of Iraq is absolutely unacceptable.

I have heard it said that people do not follow a dynamic politician, rather a dynamic politician pays attention to what direction that the parade is moving and then they go get in front of it. The people are demanding that we end the occupation of Iraq; the politicians are now jumping in front of the parade.

I also believe that the people are demanding that the Bush Administration be held accountable – that parade is being formed, just wait for the politicians to jump on the floats.

I believe that our letters and our calls and our petitions have made a difference. Here are more petitions and event announcements that demand an end to the occupation of Iraq and demand that the Bush Admin be held accountable.

End the Occupation – Stop the Escalation:

It’s not his decision, it’s ours.

Block the Escalation

March on Washington

Pass the word on The Bring Our Troops Home Act

Mandate for Peace March on Washington

Bring them home Now!

Congressional Advocacy Day

March on Washington

Logistics for the March on Washington

Stop the Escalation

No funding for more troops.

End war funding, begin war investigations.

March on Washington

A plan to end the war.

The Peace Alliance Conference in DC, Feb 03-05

Tom Harkin has co-sponsored legislation to end the war.

No escalation! No Way!

Kucinich plan to end the occupation of Iraq.

Tell Congress no funding for the Occupation of Iraq

Linked text



Resist Illegal War and Other Resistance Measures:

Resist illegal war; stand with Lt Watada February 5th

Bush Admin lacks the authority to attack Iran

Do Not attack Iran


Stop the Bush Administration:

Resolutions supporting impeachment

Impeach Alberto Gonzales

Efforts to initiate impeachment

Support impeachment

States introduce impeachment resolutions

Petition to impeach Gonzales

Volunteer for the Impeach Bush movement.


And this just pisses me off and requires Action!

Grrrr

Grrrrr

3 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Anjha said…

    SOS - I miss you. I am so sorry that I have been AWOL.

    Seriously, life it extremely taxing right now.

    Send me an email - use my google address. Do you have that one?

     
  • At 5:59 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Anjha said…

    Coyote, great to hear from you. Times are still extremely difficult and my body is not surviving it very well. I will send you a note. PS. It is OK to give SOS my gmail address. Miss you guys.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, February 25, 2007, Blogger Anjha said…

    Holy Crap!!!

    Almost a month since I have done anything. That stinks.

    I have been busy and I have been sick. But I am still around and I am still paying attention.

    Soon, soon, soon...all will be back to normal. Whatever that means.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home