Progressive Action Spot

"Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves." Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday, I Have Work to Do, You Tell Me, Open Thread Edition

I really have to get some work done today so I will not be around much.

I am hoping, that in edition to Open Thread ramble, perhaps you can tell me some Progressive Action that you have taken this week that actually made you feel like you were participating. This is important, the feeling that we get when we are making a difference, being a part of and impacting the political process, will help to take us through, and lift us out of, the despair that we feel when we watch the disintegration of our Country.

Being a citizen is not something that is granted to us as a birthright or comes with a piece of paper during Naturalization. Being a citizen is what we earn when we become involved in the administrative process of running our Country. Being a citizen is what we earn when we police the media and demand accountability. Being a citizen is what we earn when we pay attention, become informed and do something with the information that we uncover. Being a citizen is what we earn when we tell our employees what we expect from them.

We are a Representative Democracy. We are the employers, the politicians work for us.

OK, talk amongst yourselves.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Yesterday, Nora O'Donnel on Hardball told a bald faced lie. I was furious.

    While she was interviewing Jack Reed D. RI about the preznits propaganda blitz, she said,

    "we have been trying to get Democrats on all week to respond and no one has taken us up on our offer...what is wrong with your Party, why don't you have Senators lined up to speak..."

    Bullshit!

    I was furious.

    I called the DNC, the DSCC and the DCCC. It was only at the DCCC that I was able to speak with someone in the Communications office. He told me "I can assure you that no one from Hardball or MSNBC called us."

    He was outraged as well.

    I also sent a tip to Media Matters.

    If you want to make follow up calls:

    DNC 202-863-8000
    DSCC 202-224-2447
    DCCC 202-863-1500
    Media Matters 202-756-4100

    That one statement smeared the Dems worse than just about anything anyone can say.

    I am still mad.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Crap, I just rec'd an email that AAR fired Mike Malloy.

    I like Mike Malloy.

    Here is a petiton to reinstate him.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Please sign it.

    Free speech needs a voice.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah that is shit about Malloy.
    Then Franken's guest is interviewing right wingers to defend their conservative position, (Pat Buchanan and some other English joker). WTF, just to say how much different they are from neo-cons, and they are true original conservatives, like George Will and William F. Buckley!
    They are all sick!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about us getting on ABC for this crap, anther piece blaming Clinton for 9/11! MF's!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, September 02, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Coyote, that is one of the best things that you can do. Educate the ill-informed.

    If each of us educates (re-educates) someone hypnotized by the lies, then we can make a difference.

    Good plan.

    I do not know if I will post today. I have a lot to do.

    Perhaps I will just leave this OT up for a couple of days.

    There is definately enough to address with all of Thursday's petitions and such.

    People, I am certain, will stay busy enough without another Action Item...

    even I am getting tired.

    There is so much to do. We absolutely must take back this Country.

    I am frightened by all of the crap from the traditional media. If I hear one more fucking pundit say "the Dems have no plans" I am going to break the teevee.

    I have been writing to the media constantly, yelling at them for their lies, lies, lies...I hope that I am making some kind of impact.

    If I am going to walk today, I had better go now. Before it heats up to beyond walkable temperature.

    Supposed to be 90 today.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Anjha said…

    Time to get it together...new post coming.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home